- Most JS is now unified in the
_jsdirectory and written in ES2016.
blog-by-taglayout has been renamed to
publicfolder has been renamed to
assetsto make the theme compatible with Jekyll’s gem-based themes.
- Tags are now supported via Jekyll Collections instead of
- The sidebar can now add links to all kinds of pages.
- Categories are now supported.
- Author information moved to
- Added support for multiple authors.
jekyll-feedplugin (supported on GitHub Pages) instead of custom solution.
See the the migration guide for instructions on how to upgrade.
- The “accent” font (heading font) is now used for all headings. This gives the theme a “bolder” look and was necessary for the animation: link => heading.
- Changed default text font from “PT Serif” to “Noto Serif”.
- Added CSS classes for styling markdown content.
- Links have a new style. They now always display an underline to make the choice of the link color less critical (darker colors were hard to distinguish from regular text).
- Made social media icons larger and easier to tap.
- Social media icons are now also part of the “about” sections of a post.
- Added support for a copyright notice at the bottom. Can be set via the config variable
- Changed responsive breakpoints and added support for very large displays.
- The site is now printable.
bloglayout now only shows the excerpt instead of the full post.
- Links to external pages are now marked with a symbol.
- Added margin above social media icons to prevent accidental tapping
- Added gem files so that
bundle exec jekyll servework
- Disabled HTML minification when running via
- Added dingbat to signal end of post
- Related posts is no longer blank for posts that do not belong to a category.
- Footnotes now use the text version of “leftwards arrow with hook” instead of the emoji on iOS.
- Text is no longer invisible while waiting for Google Fonts to load.
- Always show scrollbar to prevent layout “jumps”